Freedom and Fairness
The San Francisco Foghorn is the official student newspaper of the University of San Francisco and is sponsored by the Associated Students of the University of San Francisco (ASUSF).
The thoughts and opinions expressed herein are those of the individual writers and do not necessarily reflect those of the Foghorn staff, the administration, the faculty, staff or the students of the University of San Francisco. Contents of each issue are the sole responsibility of the editors.
©2008-2009 San Francisco Foghorn. All rights reserved. No material printed herein may be reproduced without prior permission of the Editor in Chief.
* If you are interested in working for The San Francisco Foghorn, please contact the email@example.com for more information. Positions on the editorial board may become available at the end of the fall or spring semesters.
* Go here for a full list of the staff and their emails.
Submission Policy (For Print)
* Columns for the Opinion section and Letters to the Editor are gladly accepted from students, faculty, staff and alumni.
* All materials must be signed and include your printed name, address, and telephone number for verification.
* Please include your university status (class standing or title).
* We reserve the right to edit materials submitted. All submissions become the property of the San Francisco Foghorn.
* Columns of not more than 900 words should be submitted by 5 p.m. on the Wednesday before publication.
* Letters of 500 words or less should be submitted by 5 p.m. on the Friday before publication.
* Anonymous letters are not published
Opinion Section Information (For Print)
* Editorials are written by the Foghorn editorial staff and represent a group consensus
* The San Francisco Foghorn Opinion page is a forum for the free, fair and civil exchange of ideas. Contributors’ opinions are not meant to reflect the views of the Foghorn staff or the University of San Francisco
* All logos are herein property of The San Francisco Foghorn.
* Logos of the University of San Francisco are property of the University of San Francisco.
* Interested in advertising? Please see our Advertising Page
Foghorn Online: Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any given time; therefore, it is extremely important to check back here often.
- The San Francisco Foghorn reserves the right to monitor (and remove) any or all materials posted to the Web Site through the Web Site’s services or features by users.
- The San Francisco Foghorn is not responsible for any materials posted, commented on.
- The San Francisco Foghorn is not responsible for any failure to monitor, review and/or delete material posted to the Web Site.
- By linking to the San Francisco Foghorn and/or article contained from any web site, you agree that you shall link to the full version of an HTML formatted page on this web site.
- You agree not to link from any other web site to this site in any manner such that the Web Site is visible remotely but framed by non-Foghorn Online advertisements (including all third party content, materials or branding).
- We reserve all of our under the law to insist that any link to the Web Site be discontinued, and that you revoke the right to link to the Web Site from any other web site at any time.
Foghorn Online: Community Content
- you guarantee that the Submitted Materials are not confidential or secret.
- you guarantee that the Submitted Materials are original to you, that no other party owns or can claim rights to the material in any way
- you grant us a royalty-free, unrestricted, irrevocable, full transferable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, print, publish, translate content, display the content in whole or part elsewhere.
- press-releases under no circumstances will be published. The article must be original.
Note: Failing to comply with any of the above-mentioned text can result in being banned from the Foghorn Online, you may not return to the Web Site for any reason or in any manner. In the event that you do return, or attempt to return, the Web Site or a particular service after you have been banned, you will be deemed to have beached the Terms and Condition and the San Francisco Foghorn reserves the right to pursue all rights and remedies available to it in law.